The Horticulture Coalition of SA is the peak industry organisation for horticulture in SA.
The horticulture industry is an important sector for South Australia, worth over $960 million at the farmgate, and over $3 billion in gross food revenue in 2016/17. The sector consists of an estimated 3,500 small to medium sized businesses, employing 13,500 permanent staff and an additional 24,000 seasonal staff.
The organisations which make up the Horticulture Coalition of SA are the:
- Almond Board of Australia Ltd
- Apple and Pear Growers Association of SA Inc
- AUSVEG SA
- Citrus Australia (SA Region)
- HortEx Alliance Inc
- Australian Mushroom Growers Association
- Nursery and Garden Industry of SA Inc
- Olives South Australia Inc
- Onions Australia
- Pistachio Growers’ Association Inc
- SA Produce Market Ltd
- South Australian Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries
- Summerfruit SA
- Women in Horticulture
The coalition has developed a blueprint for supporting and nurturing growth within the horticulture industry in South Australia, focusing on key policy areas and recommendations put forward by the Horticulture Coalition.
Issues covered in the horticulture blueprint include: business sustainability (incorporating input costs and marketing), infrastructure, biosecurity, water, workforce, planning, R,D&E, food labelling and environment.