Natural Resources Management
The PPSA NRM Committee
PPSA has an NRM committee consisting of representatives from the commodity associations and the chairperson of PPSA. The roles of the PPSA NRM Committee include to:
- Provide a forum for the PPSA commodity associations to discuss priority NRM issues and identify issues on which common policy recommendations may be developed;
- Share relevant NRM information (particularly regarding NRM policy development) amongst PPSA member groups;
- Develop cross-commodity policy recommendations for endorsement by the PPSA Council
- Provide a point of contact between PPSA and SA Government agencies and statutory bodies involved in NRM; and
- Provide direction to the PPSA NRM Liaison Officer.
Download the PPSA NRM Committee Terms of Reference here
For more information on the following, please click on the headings below:
The following are just a small sample of primary producer organisations working on NRM issues and sustainable farming:
- Ag Excellence Alliance – working with SA broad-acre grain and livestock farmers to improve their profitability and sustainability and provides links to grower groups and farming apps
- Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) – supporting sustainable agriculture projects including the GRDC Integrated Weed Management Hub
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) – supporting research and programs to reduce greenhouse emissions from livestock and providing resources for environmental management
- Dairy SA – providing a range of resources to help dairy farmers make informed decisions about natural resources
- HortEx – an alliance created to support horticultural industry groups to enhance sustainability, profitability and technical development
- EnviroVeg – the vegetable industry’s own environmental program
- Wine grape growers – sustainability programs include Sustainable Australia Winegrowing in McLaren Vale
- Landcare Association of SA – a community-based organisation reinvigorating Landcare in SA
For more information about NRM in South Australia (via the Department for Environment and Water/Natural Resources website), click here.
The Department for Environment and Water has provided funding for PPSA to employ a part-time NRM liaison officer.