Grain Producers SA
The voice of South Australian growers
Grain Producers SA is the peak industry body representing the 4,500 grain farming businesses in South Australia.
.GPSA develops and implements policies and projects that promote the economic and environmental sustainability of South Australian grain growing businesses.
GPSA’s mission is to ensure a viable and sustainable grains industry in South Australia for grain producers through leadership, advocacy and communication.
GPSA’s objectives are to improve the profitability and sustainability of South Australian grain producers through:
- Representing the views of South Australian grain producers to government, industry and the community on grains issues.
- Working with an effective state farming organisation and other commodity groups to represent South Australian grain producers on cross commodity issues.
- Working with government and industry to develop policies around creating and maintaining an efficient, accessible and cost-effective supply chain.
- Working with government, industry and institutions to improve the technical and business skills of South Australian grain producers.
- Working with research, development and extension organisations to identify and disseminate research priorities in grain production, handling and management.
- Supporting an effective national representative organisation to work with government around national initiatives to support the grains industry.
- Providing a program to include and develop young farmers to be prepared to take on leadership roles within the SA grains industry.