The PPSA Council
The purpose of PPSA is to:
- Vigorously represent the interests and concerns of primary producers to government and the community.
- Present one voice to government and the wider community on cross-commodity issues affecting primary producers in South Australia.
- Promote the importance of primary production in South Australia and ensure that the contributions and achievements of primary producers are acknowledged and appreciated.
- Work with and assist stakeholders and suppliers to primary production where such assistance will ultimately benefit primary producers.
PPSA’s members are the commodity organisations of South Australia. Its current members include Grain Producers SA, Livestock SA, Horticulture Coalition of SA, Wine Grape Council of SA and the SA Dairyfarmers’ Association. Each organisation is represented by a councillor on the PPSA Council. The PPSA Council meets once per quarter on cross-commodity issues affecting all sectors.
Examples of these cross-commodity issues include:
- Trade, such as market access and development, interstate anomalies and competition.
- Taxation, government levies and charges.
- Planning and land security.
- Rural development, communities and social issues.
- Transport and logistics.
- Natural resource management and water policy.
- Cost and availability of power
- Biosecurity and emergency management.
- R,D&E, education and training
- Workforce issues, such as industrial relations, work health and safety and WorkCover.
- Animal welfare issues.
PPSA has a Natural Resource Management Committee, Transport and Supply Chain Committee and Work Health and Safety Committee. PPSA is also represented on a number of external boards and committees.